University Division Advisors Are Here for You!
Our academic advisors are here to help you! They are experts on IU Bloomington policies and procedures and the degree requirements for all IU Bloomington undergraduate programs. They will work with you to help you:
- Explore your academic interests and choose a major
- Develop plans to reach your academic and personal goals at IU Bloomington
- Select courses and prepare for registration
- Connect with campus resources
- Understand university policies and procedures
First-year Students living on campus are usually matched with an academic advisor located in their residence hall or nearby. First-year students living off campus typically see an advisor in our main office in Maxwell Hall. All first-year students in UD are expected to meet with their assigned advisor for a scheduled appointment at least once each semester.
Transfer Students and Continuing Students in UD are matched with an academic advisor in Maxwell Hall and usually remain with that advisor as long as they are in UD.
International Students are matched with an academic advisor in Maxwell Hall and also work closely with the Office of International Services. International students are expected to meet with their assigned advisor for at least one scheduled appointment each semester.
Start the Conversation
- Select “Meet the Advisors” to find your advisor, along with their office hours and location.
- Select “Make an Appointment” for step-by-step instructions.
- Select “Prepare for Advising” for suggestions about what you can do in advance to make the most of your advising appointment.
- Use “Planning Tools” to prepare for your appointment.