Explore Majors and More Events
Navigating Your IU Experience: Explore Majors AND MORE Fair
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Indiana Memorial Union, Alumni Hall
The Career Development Center (CDC) and University Division (UD) join together in bringing you the Fall 2014 Navigating Your IU Experience: Explore Majors and More Fair, your opportunity to customize your IU journey!
Searching for the right major? Looking to add depth to your already-chosen major?
The fair is a great opportunity for all students to explore majors, minors, certificates, and additional academic and co-curricular activities that lead to a more enriching and engaging IU experience. Career and academic advisors, faculty and students will be available at the fair to guide you through the many opportunities available at IUB.
- Understand the purpose of your degree. Learn what all degrees at IUB offer in terms of a liberal education and core competencies.
- Explore majors as they relate to your interests using UD’s Explore Majors at IU website.
- Explore majors as they relate to careers using the CDC’s Career Guides.
- Take a self-assessment through the Career Development Center to better understand your strengths, values, and interests and how these relate to various majors and careers.
- Stop by the fair on Tuesday, September 30th from 11am-4:30pm in the IMU Alumni Hall.
- Enter drawings to win various prizes including gift cards and more!!
- Speak one-on-one with career counselors and academic advisors for help navigating all the options available to you. Don’t know where to start? Begin with a conversation with one of our helpful counselors or advisors.
- Can’t make it to the fair? Stop by the Career Development Center or visit your academic advisor to start the major and/or career exploration conversation today!
- Did you find a major or minor that interests you? Contact an academic advisor in that department to learn more.
- What about a co-curricular opportunity? Follow up with these contacts as well and learn how these experiences can enhance your learning and career preparation.
- Attend an Explore Your Options session or a school/department-specific information session. More details to come.